The FlexSpec Mobile is a state-of-the-art mobile radiation detection system which provides high-sensitivity gamma and neutron detection with left versus right directionality. The rugged, slim-lined sensor kit is available fully-integrated with a Chevy Tahoe or as a Transferable model, which can be used in various vehicle platforms and easily moved from one vehicle to another. The system provides rapid and reliable isotope identification and alarm categorization, using proven analysis software. It also features field-hardened, dynamic background compensation to automatically adjust for background variability in urban and rural environments. Integrated GPS provides real-time mapping of alarms and the integrated Wi-Fi networks enables secure, remote operation through any authorized, web-enabled smartphone or tablet. Rapid transmission of data to reachback centers is enabled using the available 3G/4G LTE wireless connection.
- Gamma Sensors Four NaI detectors (two per side). Each detector is 2" x 4" x 16". Energy resolution better than 8%.
- Neutron Sensors Two neutron detector modules (one per side). Each assembly is 4.2" x 14" x 34". Sensitivity of ≥ 1.4 cps/ng for moderated 252Cf at 2 m. Neutron detectors do not rely on 3He gas.
- User Interface Panasonic Toughbook for in-vehicle operation, with easy to use touch-screen and visible/audible alarms. System provides proven isotope identification performance and alarm categorization (threat, industrial, medical, NORM). Includes map overlay to show GPS location of alarms.
- Remote Operation Connects to any authorized, web-enabled smartphone or tablet through a secure Wi-Fi network, enabling the primary operator or additional users to view/operate the detection system at a distance.
- Reachback 3G wireless connection (optional 4G LTE) enables system data to be rapidly sent to reachback centers. Software automatically populates key fields for US DHS Joint Analysis Center (JAC) reports.
- Directionality Provides left vs. right side detection, enabling rapid source localization.
- Background Compensation Employs state-of-the-art, field-hardened, dynamic background compensation to automatically adjust for background variability in both urban and rural environments.
- Weight 550 lb (Integrated 4 Gamma 2 Neutron Sensor Kit) or 453 lb (Transferable 4 Gamma, 2 Neutron Sensor Kit)
- Power 12 VDC (14 Amps maximum, 7.5 Amps steady state). Runs off vehicle power.
- Temperature Range Operating temperature -30 ºC to +55 ºC (-22 °F to +131 °F). Storage temperature -40 ºC to +70 ºC (-40 °F to +158 °F).
- Platform Available as a sensor kit or fully integrated with a Chevy Tahoe. Other vehicle options available.