FlexSpec Maritime systems feature high-sensitivity gamma and neutron detection, with left vs. right directionality, to meet the needs of maritime radiation detection missions. The systems are ruggedized, weather-proofed, and available in a variety of detector configurations and mounting options to accommodate a broad range of vessels. They also include a simple user interface, with mapping and reachback features, and provide reliable isotope identification and alarm categorization.
- Gamma Sensors 2" x 4" x 16" NaI crystal with an energy resolution better than 8% at 662 keV. Size of each detector including enclosure: 6.5" x 7.5" x 26". Gamma detector weighs 52 lb.
- Neutron Sensors The standard size detector measures 6.5” x 17” x 36.5” and weighs 95 lb. The sensitivity is ≥ 1.4 cps/ng for moderated 252Cf at 2 m. Compact neutron detectors are also available; they measure 6.5” x 14.5” x 31” and weigh 77 lb. Neutron sensors do not require 3He gas.
- User Interface Panasonic Toughbook for on-vessel operation, with easy to use touch-screen and visible/audible alarms. System provides proven isotope identification performance and alarm categorization (threat, industrial, medical, NORM). Includes maritime chart overlay to show GPS location of alarms.
- Remote Operation Connects to authorized, web-enabled smartphones or tablets through a secure Wi-Fi network, enabling the primary operator or additional users to view/operate the detection system at a distance.
- Reachback 3G wireless connection (optional 4G LTE) enables system data to be rapidly sent to reachback centers. Software automatically populates key fields for US DHS Joint Analysis Center (JAC) reports, or other reachback reports.
- Directionality Provides left vs. right side detection, enabling rapid source localization.
- Power System can run off of vessel battery or an optional battery pack.
- Temperature Range Operating temperature -30 ºC to +55ºC (-22 °F to +131 °F ). Storage temperature -40 ºC to +70 ºC (-40 °F to +158 °F ).