The RadCompass is a unique instrument, offering a compact, easy-to-use, low cost solution for radioactive source localization. This directional survey meter displays both gamma dose rate and 360º directional information and is an ideal tool for first-responders, military personnel, and industrial radiation surveyors.
The RadCompass uses an array of shielded radiation sensors to locate radioactive sources. The design supports the rapid localization of radioactive sources, even in high radiation fields. The multi-element sensor provides continuous directional information and does not require the user to scan the system from side to side or up and down in order to determine source location.
The ‘Mode’ button allows the user to easily switch pre-set counting times, as desired. The dose rate units can be easily toggled to display in µSv/h or µRem/h.
- Sensor Type Array of shielded gamma radiation sensors
- Dose Rate Linear response, background to 10,000 μSv/h (1000 mRem/h)
- Size 7.9 cm high x 7.6 cm diameter (3.1” high x 3” diameter)
- Weight 865 grams (1.9 lb.)
- Battery One user-replaceable, rechargeable 9V Lithium Polymer. Also compatible with common 9V alkaline battery. Run-time >12 hours.
- Temperature Range -20 ºC to +40 ºC (-4 °F to +104 °F )