Bubble Technology Industries is a dynamic company with world‐renowned expertise in radiation detection, addressing applications in the defense, homeland security, space, industrial, and medical sectors. Innovation is our differentiator, and we are always looking for the best and brightest to develop the cutting-edge technologies that protect individuals and nations alike.
The cornerstone of BTI’s success is our talented and multi-disciplinary team. We invest in our people so they can be at their best. We offer challenging and fulfilling careers, the opportunity to work on innovative globally relevant programs, a collaborative and stimulating work environment, and ongoing support for growth and development.
We are looking for an experienced Project Manager to join our team! You will manage a full range of R&D projects and New Product Introduction activities, in alignment with BTI’s ISO 9001 Quality Management System. Key responsibilities include:
- Coordinating multi-disciplinary project teams comprised of science, engineering, design, manufacturing, and business operations staff
- Developing and maintaining resource-loaded Integrated Master Schedules (IMS) for technically complex projects
- Generating monthly Earned Value Management System (EVMS) reports to monitor and manage cost, schedule, progress, and quality metrics
- Ensuring the documentation and delivery of all project deliverables on-time and in alignment with customer expectations
- Identifying, assessing, and controlling risks and applying mitigation strategies and contingency plans for technically complex projects
- Ensuring effective project change control through the use of Project Change Request forms and registers
- Performing and supporting product assurance/quality assurance control on R&D projects throughout the project life cycle to maintain high quality standards
- Developing project cost proposals and supporting the generation of technical and managerial proposals
- Supporting contract and subcontract management, document control, budget forecasting, and project close-out activities
- Serving as a primary liaison with Government and commercial customers
- Interfacing with and managing subcontractors
- Leading lessons-learned assessments and identifying opportunities for process improvements
- Interfacing with other BTI Project Managers to ensure coordination of resources and implementation of best practices.
We are looking for candidates that meet the following profile:
- Due to security requirements, the candidate must be a Canadian or US citizen, or a permanent resident of Canada, and will be required to provide a criminal record check as a condition of employment.
- Minimum Bachelor’s degree from a Canadian university or recognized international equivalent, with a strong academic record. A degree in a Business, Finance, Science, or Engineering discipline is an asset.
- 5+ years of experience in managing technical projects. Project Management Professional (PMP) certification is an asset. Knowledge of New Product Introduction and business/finance principles is also an asset.
- Proficient in the practical application of project management methodologies for managing scope, schedule, budget, performance, and risks.
- Highly organized and outstanding attention to detail.
- Proven ability to multi-task and manage multiple projects simultaneously, supporting on-time, on-budget delivery while meeting quality metrics.
- Strong leadership and relationship-building skills for coordinating and motivating multi-disciplinary teams to drive successful project outcomes, as well as for interfacing/negotiating with customers and subcontractors.
- Excellent problem-solving skills and receptive to constructive feedback.
- Comfortable interfacing with clients and preparing and delivering high-quality reports and presentations.
- Expert skills in project management software tools, such as Microsoft Project.
- Advanced skills in Microsoft Word, Excel, and PowerPoint.
- Must be willing and able to travel internationally on a regular basis.
Why join the BTI team
- Challenging projects that you can be proud of and the platform to make an impact on society.
- Be part of a high performing, passionate, and supportive team that is always pushing the boundaries of innovation.
- Company-wide focus on career development and continuous learning and development.
- Team of industry experts to learn and support you in expanding your experience and knowledge.
- Competitive salary, health benefits, and profit sharing.
- Paid holidays and vacation.
To apply, please submit a cover letter, résumé, copy of relevant transcripts, and contact information for at least two professional references to:
Bubble Technology Industries
Attn: Human Resources, Ref.# AD-08-2023-004
31278 Highway 17, P.O. Box 100
Chalk River, Ontario, Canada, K0J 1J0
Only those candidates granted an interview will be contacted. No phone calls please.
Accommodations for candidates with disabilities are available on request.